Did you know that according to the US National Library of Medicine more than 65% of the human population has a reduced ability to digest lactose after childhood? That increases to more than 90% in those of Asian descent.
Whey protein is made from filtered milk, this is why Whey Protein causes bloating, wind and bouts of acne.
Crushed Protein’s NO WHEY! Powders use crushed house Crickets (we don’t think they would make great pets either) that are farmed organically in North America.
We use Crickets as they are the closest thing to a perfect protein source known to man. Why is this you ask?
- Crickets contain 3x more protein than beef
- Require 22,000x less water
- Require 12x less feed than cows
- Require less land and can be farmed vertically.
- Produce 80x less methane than cattle
- Contain all 9 essential amino acids
- Contain as much calcium as milk
- High in Magnesium
- 10x more vitamin B12 than salmon
- 2.2x more iron than spinach
- 3x more potassium than bananas
- A source of prebiotic fibre
Tastes good, does good!
Because of their nutritional composition, minimal resource requirements, and simple rearing techniques insects can offer an economical and environmentally sound opportunity to counter nutritional insecurity. We believe that when children have the nutrients they need to survive and thrive, waves of human potential will be unleashed.
Insects are considered a delicacy in parts of Africa and market prices are higher than that of chicken or beef. By farming insects, orphanages not only have year-round access to this popular protein source but also have the option to sell a portion of their harvest at local markets for income that may be used to purchase fruits and vegetables, clothing and pay for school fees.
For every bag of NO WHEY! protein sold we will donate 1 insect breeding container to an orphange in the Democratic Republic of the Congo through Farms for Orphans.